My "Works For Me Wednesday" tip includes certain personal
requirements/suggestions for online shopping.
Some are shopping specific, some are in regard to incentive programs,
which link back to shopping.
And if I have confused you, welcome to my world! ;0)
1. It HAS to be a better deal than a brick and mortar store. I always buy on sale so full price online won't do it for me.
2. It has to offer added incentives such as free shipping, future savings, rebates, or other goodies. EX: I got a new pink Motorola Razr phone for $50.00. It came with a $50.00 rebate. Phone = FREE!
3. I try to go through my "My Points" group since I earn points for using MP offers. (if you want more info, shoot me an email)
4. "My Points" adds up fast and I redeem my points for restaurant cards, gift cards, etc. So, purchases actually "pay" me in the long run. I included "My Point" gift cards in my family's Christmas cards this year. All it cost me was a few minutes a day, clicking open my emails. I have been a member for years and years and have been rewarded with 100's of dollars of rewards. Very reliable and satisfying. It's like FREE MONEY!
5. Ebay - I have been a member since 1999 and am a Power Seller. I encourage ebay since it is my livelihood and also because you can find some great bargains. Like anything else, you have to do your homework, be careful, and shop smart. There are LOTS of honest, hard working sellers who want you to get the best deal at the best price. And you can shop in your pajamas....24/7.
6. Well known sites - Amazon, Best Buy, Office Depot, Circuit City, Omaha Steaks, Nu Egg,Frys, etc.
I generally have great luck with them every time I use them. Again, look for discount codes and rebates and free shipping!
7. I avoid online clothes shopping as a rule. I am picky. I like to try my stuff on, see what my backside looks like, how the fabric feels, etc. I only buy clothing online when I see something I cannot find any where else and it's something I HAVE to have. That rarely happens. :0)
8. Freecycle - Search for a group near you and become a member.
I belong to two local groups. I am able to get rid of stuff I don't want or need and I have gotten some GREAT freebies!
I got a like-new Lexmark printer/scanner/fax machine IN THE BOX, for the cost of going to pick it up.
As with all online services, do your homework and be careful.
But hey, FREE STUFF is GOOD STUFF!!
And Mother Earth thanks you.
Be sure to visit all the other great tips over at Shannon's.