Saturday, February 23, 2008

A few Easter Goodies and So Long for Now

I am going to leave my heart in San Francisco....at least for a little while. The Feller and I are heading out pre-dawn Monday morning and flying to the Bay area for the week. The house/pet sitter is all lined up, bags packed, plans made, and I.Am.Ready!

What a long, lonely, cold winter this has been for me! To have these few days with my Sweetie will be so wonderful! We are going to walk the hills of the city, ride the famed Cable Cars (I promised him I was going to sing the Rice-A-Roni song and he can't wait) *snort*, walk across the Golden Gate Bridge, dine on Dunganess crabs at Fisherman's Wharf, explore Chinatown and have Dim Sum, wander and buy chocolates at Ghirardelli Village, shop for silver jewelry at the Silver village, be amazed at the Legion of Honor Museum (can't wait!), poke around Alcatraz, and take a ferry ride across the Bay. We have a lot planned for a week visit and it will be wonderful!

Before I go, I wanted to share some scanned antique postcards from the early 1900s to celebrate the upcoming Easter season. Please feel free to right click and save for your own use. I MAY list these on ebay, not sure. (Click to enlarge, save to your computer)













I have so many vintage cards and I have a hard time letting them go. (And yes, I will continue to post "new" vintage treasures on ebay even though the new policies make it harder to be a successful seller. I do not approach work and commitments half heartedly so I am going to keep plugging away, at least for now.)

So, until I get back, have a wonderful week. I will post some travel pics as soon as I can. I am hoping to take lots and lots of pictures if we have decent weather. I am keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments: