Monday, February 04, 2008

Super Tuesday Eve And Huckleberry Win

I was wandering through the archives of my photo files today and found these. (poor quality, they were taken under the shade of a red tent)

I just thought it was neat on the eve of Super Tuesday.

This was right before and just after I had emceed the tomato eating contest that is held each year at the Pink Tomato Festival. I emceed it for about 10 years and they were there every year for the last few before I moved away from Arkansas.
Huck always won. Every year. I know he and Win participated in at least 4-5 of them. I should have shorted Win's last bag of tomatoes so he could win - at least once. :0(

I sure miss Win. You'd never meet a nicer man.

This is the late Win Rockefeller, me, and ol' Huck himself - pre-diet (you can see that my arm did not reach all the way around him) Gov. Mike Huckabee - we were listening to Win tell a joke.



Obviously, it was a really funny joke! ;)



This is some pre-contest smack talk going on.





This is me encouraging them to eat faster!! (that is my girl behind me - in the black sleeved tee shirt)




This is me announcing the winner (I know, really terrible pic of me)....Huck won, of course. Mrs. Huck (Janet) actually came in second. (Poor Win.) I gave Mrs. Huck one of those tomato cans decorating the table. I made all of them.




Fun memories. Makes me homesick. :0(

3 comments:

Cathy, Amy and Kristina said...

I've been!

What years did you emcee?

~Nancy~ said...

Hi Cathy,
Oh gosh...I did it forever! I started doing it when my daughter was in about the 2-3 grade and she is now 23! I moved away over four years ago so I have not been there since 2003.
During all that time, I only missed it once. We were in Paris and I had to get my friend to fill in.
If you were there at any time in the last 10+ years (excluding the last 4), it was more than likely me doing it.
So NICE to "hear" an Arkansas voice! Welcome!

Fete et Fleur said...

Hi Nancy,
I'm so glad you're going to visit this museum. You're going to love it. I'm not sure the Marie exhibit will still be there then. You might want to check the dates. Even if it isn't you will still be thrilled with the things they have there. The building itself is a work of art. It's like stepping back in time.

Nancy