Wednesday, July 18, 2007

WFMW-Summer Beach/Lake Bag



While it may already be the middle of July, there are still lots of fun summer days ahead. It pays to be ready for any last minute opportunity for a little fun in the sun.
Having just returned from a beach vacation, I had all of my summer necessities to deal with. I have a nice large beach bag and into it goes over sized towels, goggles, extra sun glasses, lotions, potions, and balms....a spritzer bottle, a straw mat, sun visor, bathing suits, cover ups, cola can holders, etc.
As I was unpacking and sorting all of this for storage, it dawned on me that if I put it all away in assorted closets, drawers, and shelves, I would just have to scurry around and recollect it for the next outing to the lake or pool. So, I cleaned everything, refolded, checked levels in lotion bottles, organized smaller items into zip loc bags, and stored everything neatly back into the bag and placed the whole thing on the floor of the linen closet. It is packed, ready to go and easy to grab and toss into the car or boat. Now there is no excuse for not enjoying a spontaneous day of fun in the sun and I have one less thing to worry about. Of course, if you are a mom with little ones, you could have another bag ready to go with summer beach toys...a pail, a shovel, a frisbee, etc.
Add a special cooler for picnics and you are ready to soak up summer until the first school bell rings!
For more great tips, head over to Shannon's! Have a wonderful rest of the summer!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always leave my beach bag packed too - that way I don't have to search for things that could get moved between seasons!

Totallyscrappy said...

Hey, great minds think alike! A packed swim bag was my WFMW tip, as well! :)
It definitly works at our house!